*Update on 3/24/2020: OTEC is closing the drive-through window at our La Grande office until further notice. Members can still use the two secure drop boxes located at the property.
*Update on 3/20/2020: OTEC has temporarily closed our meeting rooms to the public and employees have discontinued non-essential travel, which unfortunately means the Oregon Empowers Guatemala project has been postponed.
OTEC is closely monitoring the developments of the coronavirus COVID-19 and continuing to take precautions to protect the public and our employees. For the health and safety of the communities we serve, OTEC will be closing its four offices in Baker City, La Grande, John Day and Burns to the public on Tuesday, March 17 at 5:00PM. The offices will remain closed to walk-in traffic until further notice. The drive-through window at our La Grande district office will remain open. Appointments for in-person business will be available by calling 541-523-3616.
To further the support for our Members impacted during this time, OTEC is temporarily suspending late fees and disconnections. Please call our offices at 541-523-3616 if you are having difficulty paying your electric bill, we will work with you to set up a payment plan. Your Cooperative will continue to evaluate other ways to support our members for the duration of this quickly evolving public health emergency.
OTEC encourages our members to use the following resources to easily and securely conduct business with OTEC to limit unnecessary person-to-person contact:
- By phone, call 541-523-3616
- Payment drop box outside each office
- By mail, find office addresses at https://otec.coop/apply-membershipservice
- Online payment portal located at this link: https://ebill.otec.coop/
- Download the free My OTEC mobile app on the Google Play Store or Apple Store which can be utilized for bill payments, outage reporting, and energy usage monitoring.
- Payment kiosks (booths) can accept all forms of payments and are located in convenient, easily accessible locations, find a full list of locations on the homepage of https://otec.coop/
We apologize for any inconvenience; we’re working to maintain resources for business continuity. We ask for your patience and understanding as we take steps to protect the health of our communities. If you need to report an outage, you can continue to call our 24-hour hotline at 1-866-430-4265. We will keep members updated on the most recent impact of COVID-19 to OTEC via our website, www.otec.coop and on our social media pages.